- Illustration shows the tennis elbow
- Tennis Elbow Open the popup dialog
- Tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) is a painful condition that occurs when the tendons in the elbow are overloaded, usually with repetitive movements of the wrist and arm.
- Despite its name, athletes aren’t the only ones who develop a tennis elbow. People whose work involves the types of movements that can lead to tennis elbow include plumbers, painters, joiners, and butchers.
- Tennis elbow pain mainly occurs when the tendons in your forearm muscles attach to a bony lump on the outside of your elbow. The pain can also spread to your forearm and wrist. Tennis elbow Treatment in Hyderabad
The pain associated with tennis elbow can radiate from the outside of your elbow to your forearm and wrist. Pain and weakness can make it difficult:
- Shake hands or grab an object
- Turn a doorknob
- Hold a cup of coffee
Tennis elbow is overuse and muscle fatigue. The cause is repeated contraction of the forearm muscles that stretch and raise your hand and wrist. Repeated movements and stresses on the tissue can lead to a series of tiny tears in the tendons that connect the muscles in your forearm to the bony protrusion on the outside of your elbow.
As the name suggests, playing tennis – especially repeated use of the backhand kick with poor technique – is a possible cause of tennis elbow. However, there are many other common arm movements that can cause a tennis elbow, including: Tennis elbow Treatment in Hyderabad
- Use plumbing tools
- Drive screw
- Cut out cooking ingredients, especially meat
- Repeated use of the computer mouse
Factors that can increase your risk of tennis elbow include:
Age. While tennis elbow affects people of all ages, it is more common in adults between the ages of 30 and 50.
Occupation. People with jobs that involve repetitive wrist and arm movements are more likely to develop tennis elbow. Examples are plumbers, painters, carpenters, butchers and cooks.
Certain sports. Playing racket sports increases your risk of developing a tennis elbow, especially if you are using poor running technique. Tennis elbow Treatment in Hyderabad