- llustration shows tennis elbow
- Tennis elbowOpen popup dialog
- Tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) is a painful condition that occurs when the tendons in your elbow are overloaded, usually from repeated movements of your wrist and arm.
- Despite its name, athletes aren’t the only ones who develop a tennis elbow. Those whose work involves the types of movements that can result in a tennis elbow include plumbers, painters, joiners, and butchers.
- Tennis elbow pain occurs primarily where the tendons in your forearm muscles attach to a bony bump on the outside of your elbow. Pain can also spread to the forearm and wrist. Tennis elbow Treatment in Hyderabad
- The pain associated with tennis elbow can radiate into your forearm and wrist from the outside of your elbow. Pain and weakness can make it difficult:
- Shake hands or grab an object
Turn a doorknob
Hold a coffee cup
- Tennis elbow is an injury caused by overuse and muscle strain. The cause is repeated contraction of the forearm muscles that stretch and raise your hand and wrist. The repeated movements and stresses on the tissue can lead to a series of tiny tears in the tendons that attach the forearm muscles to the bony bump on the outside of your elbow.
- As the name suggests, playing tennis – especially repeated backhanding with poor technique – is a possible cause of tennis elbow. However, many other common arm movements can cause a tennis elbow, including: Tennis elbow Treatment in Hyderabad
- Use plumbing tools
- Drive screws
- Cut up cooking ingredients, especially meat
- Repeated use of computer mice
Factors that can increase your risk of tennis elbow include:
- Age. While tennis elbow affects people of all ages, it is most common in adults between the ages of 30 and 50.
- Occupation. People with jobs that involve repetitive motion of the wrist and arm are more likely to develop tennis elbow. Examples are plumbers, painters, carpenters, butchers and cooks.
- Certain sports. Participating in racket sports increases your risk of developing a tennis elbow, especially if you use poor hitting technique. Tennis elbow Treatment in Hyderabad