Sudden cardiac arrest is a sudden loss of heart function, breathing, and consciousness. The condition usually results from a problem with your heart’s electrical system, which is interfering with your heart’s pumping action and stopping blood flow to your body.
- Sudden cardiac arrest is not the same as a heart attack, when blood flow to part of the heart is blocked. However, sometimes a heart attack can trigger an electrical disorder that leads to sudden cardiac arrest.
- If not treated promptly, sudden cardiac arrest can result in death. Survival is possible with immediate and adequate medical care. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) with a defibrillator or just chest compression can improve the chances of survival until the rescuers arrive.Sudden cardiac arrest Treatment Hyderabad
Signs of sudden cardiac arrest are immediate and severe and include:
- Sudden collapse
- No pulse
- No breathing
The most common cause of sudden cardiac arrest is an abnormal heart rhythm (arrhythmia), which occurs when your heart’s electrical system is not working properly.Sudden cardiac arrest Treatment Hyderabad
- The heart’s electrical system controls the frequency and frequency of your heartbeat. If something is wrong, your heart may beat too fast, too slowly, or irregularly (arrhythmia). Often times, these arrhythmias are brief and harmless, but some types can lead to sudden cardiac arrest.
- The most common heartbeat at the time of cardiac arrest is an arrhythmia in a lower chamber of the heart (the ventricle). Fast, erratic electrical pulses cause your ventricles to tremble unnecessarily instead of pumping blood (ventricular fibrillation).
Chambers and heart valves
Ventricles and Heart Valves Open the popup dialog
Because sudden cardiac arrest is so often associated with coronary artery disease, the same factors that put you at risk for coronary artery disease can also put you at risk for sudden cardiac arrest. These include:
- A family history of coronary heart disease
- Arterial hypertension
- High blood cholesterol
- An inactive lifestyle
Reduce your risk of sudden cardiac arrest by getting regular medical exams, getting tested for heart disease, and leading a heart-healthy lifestyle.Sudden cardiac arrest Treatment Hyderabad