Sleepwalking – also called sleepwalking – involves getting up and walking around while asleep. Sleepwalking is more common in children than adults and is usually overcome by puberty. Individual sleepwalking events often do not indicate a serious problem and do not require treatment. However, recurring sleepwalking can indicate an underlying sleep disorder
Sleepwalking in adults is at greater risk of being confused with, or co-existing with, other sleep disorders and disorders.
Sleepwalking usually takes place early in the night – often an hour or two after falling asleep. This is unlikely to happen while you are napping. A sleepwalking episode may be rare or common, and an episode usually lasts several minutes but can last longer. Sleepwalking treatment in hyderabad
A sleepwalker can:
- Get up and take a walk
- Sit in your bed and open your eyes
- Have a glassy expression with glassy eyes
- Not answering or not communicating with others
- Difficult to wake up during an episode
Sleepwalking is classified as a parasomnia – an undesirable behavior or experience while sleeping. Sleepwalking is an arousal disorder, meaning it occurs during N3 sleep, the deepest stage of NREM (Non-Rapid Eye Movement) sleep. Another NREM disorder is the sleep terror that can occur with sleepwalking.
Many factors can contribute to sleepwalking, including:
- sleep deprivation
Factors that can increase your risk of sleepwalking include:
Genetically. Sleepwalking seems to work in families. This is more common if you have a parent who has had a history of sleepwalking, and much more common if both parents have a history of the disorder.
Age. Sleepwalking is more common in children than adults, and its onset in adulthood is more likely to be related to other underlying conditions. Sleepwalking treatment in hyderabad
Sleepwalking by itself isn’t necessarily a problem, but a person who sleepwalking can:
- Injuries – especially walking near furniture or stairs, going outside, driving a car, or eating something inappropriate during an episode of sleepwalking
- Suffering from prolonged sleep disorders which can lead to excessive daytime sleepiness and possible school or behavior problems
- Being embarrassed or having problems with social relationships
- Disrupt the sleep of others
- Rarely hurt anyone nearby Sleepwalking treatment in hyderabad