Sinus headaches are headaches that may look like a sinus infection (sinusitis). You may feel pressure around your eyes, cheeks, and forehead. Maybe your head is throbbing.
However, many people who think they have a headache from sinusitis, including many who have been diagnosed, experience migraines. Sinus headaches Treatment in Hyderabad
The signs and symptoms of sinus headache can include:
- Pain, pressure, and fullness in the cheeks, eyebrows, or forehead
- Worsening pain when you lean forward or lie down
- Stuffy nose
- Sensation of pain in the upper teeth
Sinus headaches are usually associated with migraines or other forms of headache.
Sinus headaches are associated with pain and pressure in the face and sinuses, and can cause nasal symptoms. Most of these headaches are not caused by sinus infections and should not be treated with antibiotics.
Sinus headaches can affect anyone, but may be more likely if you:
- A history of migraine or headache
- A family history of migraines or headaches
- Hormonal changes associated with headache
Whether or not you are taking preventive medications, you can benefit from lifestyle changes that can help reduce the number and severity of headaches.
You may find one or more of these suggestions helpful:
- Avoid triggers. If certain foods or smells have caused a headache in the past, avoid them. Your doctor may recommend reducing your caffeine and alcohol consumption, and avoiding smoking.
- In general, you should establish a daily routine with regular sleep patterns and regular meals. Also, try to control stress.
- Regular exercise. Regular aerobic exercise reduces tension and can prevent headaches. If your doctor agrees, choose an aerobic exercise that you enjoy, including walking, swimming, and cycling.
- Warm up slowly as sudden, intense exercise can cause a headache.
- Obesity is also thought to be a contributing factor to headaches, and regular exercise can help you maintain a healthy weight or lose weight.
- Reduce the effects of estrogen. If you are a woman who has a headache and estrogen seems to be triggering or worsening your headache, you may want to avoid or limit all drugs that you take that contain estrogen. Sinus headaches Treatment in Hyderabad