Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder in which people interpret reality in abnormal ways. Schizophrenia can result in a combination of hallucinations, delusions, and extremely disturbed thoughts and behaviors that can interfere and interfere with daily functioning. Schizophrenia Treatment in Hyderabad
People with schizophrenia need lifelong treatment. Early treatment can help control symptoms before serious complications develop and can help improve long-term outlook.
- Schizophrenia involves a range of problems with thinking (cognition), behavior, and emotions. Signs and symptoms can vary, but usually include delusions, hallucinations, or disorganized language, and reflect impaired functioning. Symptoms can be:
- Delusions. These are false beliefs that are not based on reality. For example, you think you are being hurt or harassed; certain gestures or comments are addressed to you; You have extraordinary ability or fame; another person is in love with you; or a major disaster is imminent. Delusions occur in most people with schizophrenia.
- Hallucinations. This usually involves seeing or hearing things that are not there. However, to the person with schizophrenia, they have the power and effect of a normal experience. Hallucinations can be either way, but hearing voices is the most common hallucination.
- Disorganized thinking (language). Disorganized thinking is derived from disorganized language. Effective communication can be compromised, and the answers to questions can be partially or completely independent. In rare cases, the speech may involve the placement of meaningless words that may not be understood and are sometimes referred to as word salad. Schizophrenia Treatment in Hyderabad
- Extremely disorganized or abnormal motor behavior. It can manifest itself in many ways, from childish silliness to unpredictable arousal. Behavior is not goal oriented, so it is difficult to get things done. Behavior may include resistance to instructions, inappropriate or bizarre posture, total lack of reaction, or unnecessary and excessive exercise.
It’s not known what causes schizophrenia, but researchers believe that a combination of genetics, brain chemistry, and the environment all contribute to the development of the disorder.
Problems with certain natural chemicals in the brain, including the neurotransmitters called dopamine and glutamate, can contribute to schizophrenia. Neuroimaging studies show differences in the brain structure and central nervous system of people with schizophrenia. Although the researchers aren’t sure how significant these changes are, they do suggest that schizophrenia is a brain disease. Schizophrenia Treatment in Hyderabad
Although the exact cause of schizophrenia is unknown, certain factors appear to increase your risk of developing or causing schizophrenia, including:
Do you have a family history of schizophrenia
Certain pregnancy and childbirth complications, such as malnutrition or exposure to toxins or viruses that can affect brain development
Use of psychotropic drugs (psychoactive or psychotropic) in adolescence and young adulthood
There’s no sure-fire way to prevent schizophrenia, but sticking to the treatment plan can help prevent relapses or worsening symptoms. In addition, the researchers hope that knowing more about the risk factors for schizophrenia can lead to earlier diagnosis and treatment.