Reactive attachment disorder is a rare but serious condition in which an infant or toddler fails to form healthy bonds with parents or caregivers. Reactive attachment disorder can arise when a child’s basic needs for comfort, affection, and care are not met and when loving, caring, and stable bonds are not established with others.
- Treatment allows children with reactive attachment disorder to develop more stable and healthier relationships with caregivers and others. Treatments for reactive attachment disorder include counseling, counseling and education from parents or caregivers, learning to interact positively with children and caregivers, and creating a stable and caring environment.Reactive attachment disorder Treatment Hyderabad
Reactive attachment disorder can begin in early childhood. There is little research into the signs and symptoms of reactive attachment disorder beyond infancy, and it remains uncertain whether it occurs in children over 5 years of age.
Signs and symptoms can include:
- Inexplicable withdrawal, fear, sadness, or irritability
- Looking sad and listless
- Not seeking consolation or showing no response when consolation is given
- Don’t smile
- Watch others closely, but do not participate in social interactions
- Do not ask for assistance or assistance
- No contact during collection
- No interest in playing peekaboo or other interactive games
In order to feel safe and develop trust, infants and toddlers need a stable and caring environment. Your basic emotional and physical needs must be constantly met. For example, when a baby is crying, the urge to eat or change a diaper should be accompanied by a mutual emotional exchange that may include eye contact, smiles, and hugs.
- A child whose needs are ignored or who is not emotionally responded by caregivers may not expect care or comfort, or form stable bonds with caregivers.
- It is not known why some babies and children develop reactive attachment disorder and others do not. Various theories exist about reactive attachment disorder and its causes, and more research is needed to develop a better understanding and improve diagnostic and treatment options.Reactive attachment disorder Treatment Hyderabad
The risk of reactive attachment disorder as a result of severe social and emotional neglect or a lack of opportunities to develop stable attachment disorders may increase in children who, for example:
- Living in a children’s home or other facility
- Frequently changing nursing homes or caregivers
- Do you have parents who have serious mental health problems, criminal behavior, or substance abuse that interferes with their parenting role
- Long separation from parents or other carers due to hospitalization
While it is not certain whether reactive attachment disorder is preventable, there may be ways to reduce the risk of developing it. Infants and young children need stable and supportive environments, and their basic emotional and physical needs must be met at all times. The following suggestions about parenting can be helpful.
Take classes or volunteer with children if you have no experience or skills with babies or children. It will help you learn to interact in ways that are rewarding.
Be active with your child by playing a lot, talking to them, making eye contact, and smiling.
Learn to interpret your baby’s cues, such as: B. Different types of shouting so that you can respond quickly and effectively to his needs.
Have a warm and nurturing interaction with your child, e.g. B. when feeding, bathing or changing diapers.
Provide verbal and non-verbal responses to the child’s feelings through touch, facial expressions, and tone of voice.Reactive attachment disorder Treatment Hyderabad