Radiation sickness is a physical injury caused by a large dose of radiation that is often received over a short period of time (acute). The amount of radiation absorbed by the body – the dose absorbed – determines how sick you will be.
Radiation sickness is also known as acute radiation syndrome or radiation poisoning. Radiation sickness is not caused by standard imaging tests that use low-dose radiation, e.g. B. X-ray or CT scans.
Although radiation sickness is severe and often fatal, it is rare. Since the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan, during World War II, most cases of radiation sickness have occurred following industrial nuclear accidents, such as the 1986 explosion and fire that damaged the Chernobyl nuclear power plant in Ukraine. Radiation sickness Treatment in Hyderabad
The severity of the signs and symptoms of radiation sickness depends on the amount of radiation you’ve absorbed. The amount you absorb depends on the strength of the radiated energy, the time of your exposure and the distance between you and the radiation source.
- Signs and symptoms are also influenced by the type of exposure – such as: B. Whole or partial body. The severity of radiation sickness also depends on the sensitivity of the affected tissue. For example, the gastrointestinal system and the bone marrow are very sensitive to radiation.
- Nausea and vomiting
- a headache
- Dizziness and disorientation
- Weakness and fatigue
- Hair loss
- Vomiting and bloody stools due to internal bleeding
- Low blood pressure
Radiation is the energy released by atoms in the form of a wave or a tiny particle of matter. Radiation sickness is caused by exposure to a large dose of radiation, such as a large dose of radiation that occurs in an accident at work.
- Highly dosed radiation sources
- Possible sources of high-dose radiation are:
- An accident in a nuclear industrial plant
- An attack on a nuclear industrial facility
- Detonation of a small radioactive device
- Detonation of a conventional explosive device that disperses radioactive material (dirty bomb)
- Detonation of a standard nuclear weapon
In the event of a radiation emergency, turn on your radio or television to hear protective measures recommended by local, state, and federal agencies. The recommended actions depend on the specific situation. However, you will be asked to stay nearby or evacuate your area. Radiation sickness Treatment in Hyderabad