- Advanced pyoderma gangrenosum
- Extended gangrenous pyoderma Open the popup dialog
- Pyoderma gangrenosum (pie-o-DUR-muh gang-Ruh-NO-sum) is a rare disease in which large, painful sores (ulcers) develop on your skin, mostly on your legs. Pyoderma gangrenosum Treatment in Hyderabad
The exact causes of pyoderma gangrenosum are unknown, but it appears to be an immune system disorder.
Pyoderma gangrenosum ulcers can develop quickly. They usually go away with treatment, but scarring and recurrence are common.
- Pyoderma gangrenosum usually starts as a small red bump on your skin that can look like a spider bite. Within a few days, this lump can turn into a large, painful open sore.
- The ulcer usually appears on your legs, but it can develop anywhere on your body. Sometimes it occurs around surgical sites. If you have multiple ulcers, they can grow and merge into one larger ulcer.
The exact cause of pyoderma gangrenosum is unknown. The condition is neither contagious nor contagious. It is often linked to autoimmune diseases such as ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, and arthritis. And it can have a genetic component. Pyoderma gangrenosum Treatment in Hyderabad
If you have pyoderma gangrenosum, a new skin trauma, such as a cut or puncture, can trigger new ulcers.
Some factors can increase your risk for pyoderma gangrenosum, including:
- Your age and gender. The disease can affect anyone at any age, although it most commonly occurs between the ages of 20 and 50.
- Have inflammatory bowel disease. People with a digestive tract disease such as ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease are at increased risk of pyoderma gangrenosum.
- Have arthritis. People with rheumatoid arthritis are at increased risk for pyoderma gangrenosum.
- Have a blood disorder. People with acute myeloid leukemia, myelodysplasia, or myeloproliferative disorder are at increased risk for pyoderma gangrenosum.
You can’t completely prevent pyoderma gangrenosum. If you have it, try to avoid damaging your skin. Skin injuries or trauma, including surgery, can lead to the formation of new ulcers. It can also help control any underlying conditions that might be causing ulcers. Pyoderma gangrenosum Treatment in Hyderabad