Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is characterized by a pattern of unwanted thoughts and fears (obsessions) that cause you to engage in repetitive behaviors (compulsions). These obsessions and compulsions interfere with daily activities and cause significant stress.
You can try to ignore or stop your obsessions, but doing so will only increase your distress and anxiety. Ultimately, you feel compulsive to perform compulsive acts to reduce your stress levels. Despite efforts to ignore or get rid of disturbing thoughts or impulses, they keep coming back. This leads to a more ritualistic behavior – the vicious circle of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
Obsessive-compulsive disorder is often about specific issues – for example, the excessive fear of being contaminated with germs. To alleviate your fear of contamination, compulsively washing your hands until they are sore and cracked.
If you have OCD you may feel ashamed and ashamed of the condition, but treatment may work. Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) Treatment in Hyderabad
Obsessive-compulsive disorder usually involves both obsessions and compulsions. But it is also possible to have only symptoms of obsession or only symptoms of obsession. You may or may not realize that your obsessions and compulsions are excessive or unreasonable, but they are long lasting and interfere with your daily routine and social, academic, or professional functioning.
Symptoms of Obsession
Obsessive-compulsive disorder is repetitive, persistent, and unwanted thoughts, urges, or images that are intrusive and cause stress or anxiety. You can try to ignore them or get rid of them by engaging in compulsive behavior or ritual. These obsessions usually creep in when you are trying to think or do other things. Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) Treatment in Hyderabad
Obsessions often have topics like:
- Afraid of contamination or dirt
- Doubt and find it difficult to tolerate uncertainty
- Need for orderly and symmetrical things
- Aggressive or terrible thoughts about losing control and harming yourself or others
- Unwanted thoughts, including aggression or sexual or religious matters
The cause of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is not fully understood. The main theories include:
- Biology. Obsessive-compulsive disorder can be the result of changes in your body’s natural chemistry or brain functions.
- Genetically. Obsessive-compulsive disorder can have a genetic component, but certain genes have yet to be identified.
- Learn. Obsessive fears and compulsive behaviors can be learned through observation of family members, or can be learned gradually over time.
- Risk factors
- Factors that can increase your risk of developing or causing Obsessive Compulsive Disorder include:
Family history. If parents or other family members have the disorder, it can increase the risk of developing obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Stressful life events. Having experienced traumatic or stressful events may increase your risk. This reaction may, for any reason, trigger the intrusive thoughts, rituals, and emotional distress characteristic of OCD.
Other mental disorders. Obsessive-compulsive disorder can be linked to other mental disorders such as anxiety disorders, depression, substance abuse, or tics. Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) Treatment in Hyderabad
There is no surefire way to prevent Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. However, getting treatment as soon as possible can help keep the OCD from getting worse and disrupting activities and your daily routine. Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) Treatment in Hyderabad