Lymphatic System Open Popup Dialog Lymph nodes are grouped throughout the body.
Open the pop-up dialog
Non-Hodgkin lymphoma is cancer that starts in your lymphatic system, the disease-fighting network that spreads throughout your body. In non-Hodgkin lymphoma, tumors develop from lymphocytes – a type of white blood cell.
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma is more common than the other general type of lymphoma – Hodgkin lymphoma. There are many different subtypes of non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma and follicular lymphoma are among the most common subtypes.
- Advances in the diagnosis and treatment of non-Hodgkin lymphoma have helped improve the prognosis for people with the disease.Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma Treatment Hyderabad
Swollen lymph nodes
Swollen lymph nodes Open popup dialog
Signs and symptoms of non-Hodgkin lymphoma can include:
- Swollen, painless lymph nodes in the neck, armpits, or groin
- Abdominal pain or swelling
- Chest pain, cough, or difficulty breathing
- Persistent fatigue
- Night sweats
- Inexplicable weight loss
In most cases, doctors don’t know what causes non-Hodgkin lymphoma. In some cases this is due to a weakened immune system, but it starts when your body makes too many abnormal lymphocytes – a type of white blood cell.
- Normally, lymphocytes go through a predictable life cycle. The old lymphocytes die off and your body creates new ones to replace them. In non-Hodgkin lymphoma, your lymphocytes don’t die, but keep growing and dividing. This extra lymphocyte spreads into your lymph nodes, causing them to swell.Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma Treatment Hyderabad
In most cases, people diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma have no obvious risk factors. And many people who have risk factors for the disease never develop them.
Some factors that can increase your risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma include:
- Medicines that suppress your immune system If you have had an organ transplant, you are more vulnerable because immunosuppressive treatment has reduced your body’s ability to fight new diseases.
- Infection with certain viruses and bacteria. Certain viral and bacterial infections appear to increase the risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Viruses associated with an increased risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma include HIV and Epstein-Barr infections. One of the bacteria associated with an increased risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma is Helicobacter pylori, which is causing the ulcer.
- Chemicals. Certain chemicals, e.g. B. to kill insects and weeds, can increase the risk of developing non-Hodgkin lymphoma. More research is needed to understand the possible link between pesticides and the development of non-Hodgkin lymphoma.Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma Treatment Hyderabad