Our Neurology Specialilsts
- 1. Meningitis and cerebral abscesses
- 2. Spinal disc herniation, minimally invasive spine surgery
- 3. Cervical spinal stenosis and Lumbar spinal stenosis
- 4. Hydrocephalus
- 5. brain tumors
- 6. trigeminal neuralgia
- 7. hemifacial spasm
- 8. stroke
- 9. acoustic neuroma
- 10. pitutary tumors
- 11. Head trauma (brain hemorrhages, skull fractures, etc.) headaches
- 12. Spinal cord trauma
- 13. Traumatic injuries of peripheral nerves
- 14. Tumors of the spine, spinal cord and peripheral nerves
- 15. Intracerebral hemorrhage, such as subarachnoid hemorrhage, intraventricular, and intraparanchymal hemorrhages
- 16. Some forms of drug-resistant epilepsy(seizures)
- 17. Some forms of movement disorders (advanced Parkinson’s disease, chorea) – this involves the use of specially developed minimally invasive stereotactictechniques (functional, stereotactic neurosurgery) such as ablative surgery and deep brain stimulation surgery
- 18. Intractable pain of cancer or trauma patients and cranial/peripheral nerve pain
- 19. Some forms of intractable psychiatric disorders
- 20. Vascular malformations (i.e., arteriovenous malformations, venous angiomas, cavernous angiomas, capillary telangectasias) of the brain and spinal cord
- 21. Moyamoya disease
At the Neuro Science department, we provide the highest level of expertise in all disciplines of neurology and neuro surgery through an integrated team of neurologists and neuro surgeons dedicated to delivering highest level of patient care. We offer comprehensive evaluation and therapeutic services to a wide range of conditions like Stroke, Brain Hemorrhage, Backache, Spinal Disorders, Neuro-Oncology, Epilepsy and other neurological ailments.
Stroke is “Brain attack”. It occurs when the blood supply to the brain is interrupted and the brain tissues are deprived of oxygen and other nutrients causing brain cells to die. A stroke is a medical emergency that needs immediate medical attention. Some of the symptoms of a stroke include Difficulty in speaking and understanding, Trouble in seeing with one or both eyes, Paralysis or numbness of the face, arm or leg, Headache. After brain scan if the stroke is caused by clot, we offer round the clock service for Thrombolysis in a timely fashion and if required Mechanical Thrombectomy can be organized.
We have Excellent team of physiotherapy specialized in Neurology and also speech and language therapist for speech and swallowing assessment and rehabilitation for speedy recovery of patient.
Brain Hemorrhage refers to bleeding in and around the brain. It occurs when an artery in the brain bursts. Many people who experience a brain hemorrhage have symptoms as though they are having a stroke. About 13% of all strokes are hemorrhagic, or caused by bleeding into the brain. The most common cause of a brain hemorrhage is elevated blood pressure. Over time, elevated blood pressure can weaken arterial walls and lead to rupture. Other causes of Hemorrhage include abnormally weak or dilated (aneurysm) blood vessels that leak, drug abuse, and trauma.
We have dedicated team of neurosurgeons to deal with any kind of emergency like IC bolt, decompression craniotomy and also dedicated ICU team for close monitoring.
Epilepsy is electrical abnormality of brain either due to structural brain problems, genetics and metabolic problems. We have good Emergency team to provide the immediate care of patients presenting with seizures and Dedicated ICU team with continuous EEG monitoring. We are also equipped with video EEG monitoring for special cases for surgical work up and localizing the seizures and sleep EEG to confirm the diagnosis in certain cases.
We practice evidence-based medicine and deliver treatment based on the latest medical research to achieve faster recovery and best patient outcomes. Our care strategies include long-term management of the related diseases that go beyond just hospital-based treatments. Our team makes clinical assessments and rapid treatment decisions to give patients the best possible outcomes efficiently for acute and tropical brain disorders, as well as acute nerve and muscle disorders.
The department is powered by a team of experienced and dedicated specialists who hold fellowships in both neurology and interventional neurology. The team is well-equipped to handle complex surgeries, both electively and on emergency basis. Be it simple ailments or complex surgical interventions or even highly critical emergencies, we deliver some of the most advanced techniques and technologies in this field with experience, expertise and excellence. Best hospital in kukatpally