Meniere’s disease is a disorder of the inner ear that can cause dizziness (vertigo) and hearing loss. In most cases, Meniere’s disease only affects one ear.
Meniere’s disease can appear at any age, but it usually starts between young and middle adulthood. It is considered a chronic disease, but a variety of treatments can help relieve symptoms and minimize the long-term effects on your life. Meniere’s disease Treatment in Hyderabad
The signs and symptoms of Meniere’s disease include:
- Recurring attacks of dizziness. You have a sense of rotation that starts and stops spontaneously. Seizures of dizziness occur without warning and usually last between 20 minutes and several hours, but no longer than 24 hours. Severe dizziness can cause nausea.
- Hearing loss. Hearing loss associated with Meniere’s disease can come and go especially early. Ultimately, most people have permanent hearing loss.
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus). Tinnitus is the perception of a ringing, buzzing, roaring, hissing, or hissing sound in your ear.
- Feeling of fullness in the ear. People with Meniere’s disease often feel pressure in one affected ear (hearing abundance). Meniere’s disease Treatment in Hyderabad
- Inner ear and balance
- Inner Ear and BalanceOpen Pop-up Dialog Boxes
- The cause of Meniere’s disease is unknown. Meniere’s disease symptoms appear to be due to an abnormal amount of fluid (endolymph) in the inner ear, but it is not known what causes this.
Factors that can affect fluidity and contribute to Meniere’s disease include:
- Poor drainage, possibly due to constipation or anatomical abnormality
- Abnormal immune response
- Viral infection
- Genetic predisposition.