Photographer shows lichen nitidus
Lichen nitidus Open the popup dialog
Lichen nitidus (LIE-kun ni-TIE-dus) is a rare skin condition that usually appears as tiny, shiny, skin-colored bumps on the surface of the skin. Lichen nitidus results from abnormal inflammatory activity in skin cells, but the cause of the inflammation is unknown.
Although lichen nitidus can affect anyone, it usually develops in children and young adults. Lichen nitidus rarely causes discomfort and usually goes away on its own without treatment. Lichen nitidus Treatment in Hyderabad
Lichen nitidus appears as a cluster of tiny, sparkling bumps (papules). The characteristics of the bumps are as follows:
- Cut. The bumps vary in size from tip to pin head size.
- Form. They are flat and round.
- Colour. The bumps are usually the same color as your skin. They may be slightly pink in people with lighter skin or lighter than normal in people with darker skin.
- Place. Lichen nitidus bumps typically appear on the chest, abdomen, arms, and genitals, including the penis. They rarely appear on the palms of the hands, soles of the feet, or nails. Lichen nitidus can resolve in one part of your body and then appear in another place. Lichen nitidus Treatment in Hyderabad
The cause of lichen nitidus is unknown. The papules that appear are the result of inflammation controlled by white blood cells called T lymphocytes. These cells usually heal disease or injury, such as: B. a cut on the finger. Doctors and researchers don’t know why T cells are activated in lichen nitidus. Lichen nitidus Treatment in Hyderabad
Lichen nitidus appears to be more likely to develop in children and young adults.
- Association with other diseases
Because lichen nitidus is rare, most of the information about the disorder is known from individual cases or small studies. The links between lichen nitidus and other diseases are not well understood but can include:
- Lichen planus, an inflammatory disease usually characterized by red or purple spots, flat bumps, itchy rashes, or white tipped spots on the lining of the mouth
Atopic dermatitis (eczema), an inflammatory skin condition typically characterized by dry, itchy rashes on the face, inside the elbows, behind the knees, and on the hands and feet
Crohn’s disease, inflammation of the lining of the digestive tract which can lead to abdominal pain, severe diarrhea and malnutrition
Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, an inflammatory disease that causes persistent joint pain, swelling, and stiffness
Tuberculosis, an infectious disease that most commonly affects the lungs
Lichen nitidus is a harmless disease that does not cause long-term skin problems or medical complications. However, the appearance of lichen nitidus can leave a person embarrassed or embarrassed. Lichen nitidus Treatment in Hyderabad