Lead poisoning Treatment in Hyderabad

overview

Lead poisoning occurs when lead builds up in the body, often over months or years. Even small amounts of lead can cause serious health problems. Children under the age of 6 are particularly susceptible to lead poisoning, which can seriously affect mental and physical development. Lead poisoning can be fatal at very high concentrations.

Lead paint and lead-contaminated dust in older buildings are the most common causes of lead poisoning in children. Other sources are contaminated air, water and soil. Adults who work with batteries, do renovations, or work in auto repair shops can also be exposed to lead.

There is a cure for lead poisoning, but a few simple precautions can protect you and your family from lead exposure before the harm is done. Lead poisoning Treatment in Hyderabad

symptoms

Lead poisoning can be difficult to spot at first – even people who appear healthy can have high levels of lead in their blood. Signs and symptoms usually don’t appear until dangerous levels have built up. Lead poisoning Treatment in Hyderabad

The reasons

Lead is a naturally occurring metal in the earth’s crust, but it has spread through human activities – mining, fossil fuel burning, and manufacturing. Lead was also previously used in paint and gasoline, and is still used in batteries, solder, pipes, pottery, roofing materials, and some cosmetics.

Risk factors

Factors that can increase your risk of lead poisoning include:

Complications

Exposure to even low levels of lead can cause harm over time, especially in children. The greatest risk is the development of the brain, where irreversible damage can occur. Higher values ​​can damage the kidneys and nervous system in children and adults. Very high levels of lead can cause seizures, loss of consciousness, and death.

prevention

There are simple steps you can take to protect you and your family from lead poisoning:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.