- Kidney cyst
- Kidney CystOpen Pop-up Dialog
- Kidney cysts are round pockets of fluid that form on or in the kidneys. Kidney cysts can be associated with serious conditions that can affect how kidney function works. Most often, however, kidney cysts are of the type called simple kidney cysts – non-cancerous cysts that rarely cause complications.
- It is not known what causes simple kidney cysts. Usually a single cyst appears on the surface of a kidney, but multiple cysts can affect one or both kidneys. However, simple kidney cysts are not the same as cysts that form in polycystic kidney disease.
- Simple kidney cysts are often discovered during an imaging test done for another condition. Simple kidney cysts that don’t cause signs or symptoms usually don’t need treatment. Kidney cysts Treatment in Hyderabad
- Simple kidney cysts usually don’t cause any signs or symptoms. When a simple kidney cyst grows large enough, the following symptoms may occur:
- Dull pain in the back or side
Pain in the upper abdomen
It is not known what causes simple kidney cysts. One theory is that kidney cysts develop when the top layer of the kidney weakens and forms a pocket (diverticulum). The pouch then fills with fluid, breaks off, and turns into a cyst.
The risk of simple kidney cysts increases with age, although they can appear at any age. Simple kidney cysts are more common in men. Kidney cysts Treatment in Hyderabad