Infectious diseases are disorders caused by organisms such as bacteria, viruses, fungi or parasites. Many organisms live in and on our body. They’re usually harmless or even useful. Under certain conditions, certain organisms can cause disease.
Some infectious diseases can be transmitted from person to person. Some are transmitted by insects or other animals. And you can get more of it from eating contaminated food, water, or exposure to organisms in the environment. Infectious diseases Treatment in Hyderabad
Each infectious disease has its own specific signs and symptoms. General signs and symptoms of a number of infectious diseases include:
Infectious diseases can be caused by:
- Bacteria. These unicellular organisms are responsible for diseases such as strep throat, urinary tract infections, and tuberculosis.
- Virus. Viruses are even smaller than bacteria and cause a variety of diseases, ranging from the common cold to AIDS.
- Mushrooms. Many skin diseases such as ringworm and athlete’s foot are caused by fungus. Other types of fungus can infect your lungs or nervous system. Infectious diseases Treatment in Hyderabad
While infectious diseases can develop anybody, you may be more likely to get sick if your immune system is not working properly. This can happen when:
- You are taking steroids or other drugs that suppress your immune system, such as: B. Drugs for rejection of a transplanted organ
- You have HIV or AIDS
Most infectious diseases have minor complications. However, some infections – such as pneumonia, AIDS, and meningitis – can be life-threatening.
Some types of infections have been linked to a long-term increased risk of cancer:
- Human papillomavirus related to cervical cancer
- Helicobacter pylori has been linked to stomach cancer and gastric ulcers
- Hepatitis B and C have been linked to liver cancer
Follow these tips to reduce the risk of infection:
- Wash your hands This is especially important before and after preparing food, before eating and after using the toilet. And try not to touch your eyes, nose, or mouth with your hands, as this is a common way that germs get into the body.
- To be vaccinated. Vaccination can drastically reduce the chances of developing many diseases. Make sure you stay up to date on the recommended vaccinations as well as those of your children.
- Stay home when you are sick. Don’t go to work if you vomit, have diarrhea, or have a fever. Also, don’t send your child to school if they show these signs. Infectious diseases Treatment in Hyderabad