Varicose veins are visible directly under the skin as they are located completely below the surface of the skin. These are usually swollen and twisted veins. The size of the veins varies in size. Some are quite small and some are very tall. Very small veins are located between the layers of the skin and are not easily seen. They are also known as “thread veins” or “spider veins”. These veins are different from varicose veins and are very difficult to treat. Varicose veins are located directly under the skin and are clearly visible. They are also known as “reticular veins”. If varicose veins swell the skin slightly, we can see them from the outside of the skin.
Some of the main causes are:
- Due to being overweight, the pressure on the veins increases
- The habit of standing or sitting for a long time puts pressure on the veins as it reduces blood flow
- Hormonal changes during menopause and pregnancy
- Chronic constipation
For some people, varicose veins may only be a cosmetic matter. However, in some people, they can cause pain, heaviness or pain, or be a sign of a circulatory problem or heart disease. It can lead to serious complications if left untreated. It can cause blood clots, skin ulcers, and inflammation of the veins.
- One of the best natural remedies is horse chestnut. This herb is often used to treat varicose veins and associated chronic venous insufficiency. It has an active ingredient called aescin, which blocks the release of the enzyme that helps damage the hair walls. But it’s also a bit dangerous, especially the whole chestnut tree. It can cause vomiting, nausea, headache, cramps, respiratory and circulatory failure and even death. But the extract from this herb is beneficial.
- Pine bark and grape seed extract is very good to reduce the effect. It contains antioxidants which strengthen the connective tissue of blood vessels. It also reduces inflammation. The main side effects are nausea and upset stomach.
- The butcher’s broom is also very effective in treating this problem. It strengthens the collagen in the blood vessels, improves blood circulation and thus reduces the problem.