Gum inflammation is a common, mild form of gum disease (periodontal disease) that causes irritation, redness, and swelling (inflammation) of your gums, the part of your gums around the base of your teeth. It is important to take gingivitis seriously and treat it early. Inflammation of the gums can lead to a much more serious gum disease called periodontal disease and tooth loss.
The most common cause of gingivitis is poor oral hygiene. Good oral health habits like brushing at least twice a day, flossing daily, and getting regular dental exams can help prevent and reverse gingivitis. Gingivitis Treatment in Hyderabad
- Inflammation of the gums
- Gingivitis Open the popup dialog
- Healthy gums are firm and pale pink and fit snugly against teeth. Signs and symptoms of gingivitis include:
- Swollen or swollen gums
- Dark red or dark red gums
- Gums that bleed easily when brushing or flossing
- Bad breath
- Receding gums
- Tender gums
The most common cause of gingivitis is poor oral hygiene, which encourages plaque to build up on teeth and causes inflammation of the surrounding gum tissue.
How dental plaque can lead to gingivitis:
- Plaque builds up on your teeth. Dental plaque is an invisible sticky film made up primarily of bacteria that forms on your teeth when starches and sugars in foods interact with bacteria that are normally found in your mouth. Plaque must be removed daily as it improves quickly.
- The plaque turns into tartar. The plaque that remains on your teeth can harden under your gums (tartar), which collects bacteria. Tartar makes it difficult to remove plaque, forms a protective shield for bacteria, and causes irritation along the gumline. You need professional teeth cleaning to remove tartar.
- The gum tissue becomes inflamed (gingivitis). The longer plaque and tartar stay on your teeth, the more they irritate the gums, the part of your gums around the base of your teeth, and cause inflammation. Over time, your gums will swell and bleed easily. Caries (dental caries) can also be the result. If left untreated, gingivitis can lead to periodontal disease and possible tooth loss. Gingivitis Treatment in Hyderabad
Gingivitis is common and anyone can develop it. Factors that can increase your risk for gingivitis include:
- Bad oral care habits
- Smoking or chewing tobacco
- Older age
- Dry mouth
- Poor diet, including vitamin C deficiency
- Ill-fitting dental restorations or crooked teeth that are difficult to clean
- Conditions that decrease immunity, such as leukemia, HIV / AIDS, or treatment for cancer
- Good oral hygiene. This means brushing your teeth for two minutes at least twice a day – in the morning and before bed – and flossing at least once a day. Better yet, brush after every meal or snack, or as recommended by your dentist. Using dental floss before brushing can remove loose food particles and bacteria.
- Regular visits to the dentist. Visit your dentist or dental hygienist regularly for cleaning, usually every six to 12 months. If you have risk factors that increase your risk of periodontal disease, such as: For example, if you have dry mouth, use certain medications, or smoke, you may need professional cleaning more often. Annual dental x-rays can help identify diseases that a dental visual exam cannot detect and monitor changes in your dental health. Gingivitis Treatment in Hyderabad