Fox Dystrophy Open the pop-up dialog box
In Fuchs’ dystrophy (some), fluid collects in the clear (corneal) layer in front of your eye, causing your cornea to swell and thicken. This can cause glare, blurred or cloudy vision, and eye discomfort.
Fuchs’ dystrophy usually affects both eyes and can cause your eyesight to gradually deteriorate over the years. Usually the disease begins in the 1930s and 1940s, but many people with Fuchs’ dystrophy do not develop symptoms until they are 50 or 60 years old. Fuchs’ dystrophy Treatment in Hyderabad
Certain medications and personal care measures can help relieve the signs and symptoms of Fuchs’ dystrophy. However, if the problem has progressed and your eyesight is affecting your ability to function, a corneal transplant is the best w
ay to restore your eyesight.
As the disease progresses, symptoms of Fuchs’ dystrophy that usually affect both eyes may include:
- Blurred or cloudy vision, sometimes described as a general lack of clear vision.
- Fluctuating eyesight, with symptoms worsening in the morning after you wake up and gradually improving as the day progresses. As the disease progresses, it may or may not take longer for blurred vision to improve.
- Glare that can affect your vision in bright, dim light.
- See the halos around the lights.
Normally, the cells in the cornea (endothelial cells) should maintain a healthy water balance in the cornea and prevent swelling of the cornea. However, in Fuchs’ dystrophy, the endothelial cells gradually die or do not function well, causing fluid retention (edema) in the cornea. This leads to a thickening of the cornea and impaired vision. Fuchs’ dystrophy Treatment in Hyderabad
Fuchs dystrophy is usually inherited.
Factors that increase your risk of developing Fuchs’ dystrophy include:
- Sex. Fuchs dystrophy is more common in women than men.
- Genetically. A family history of Fuchs’ dystrophy increases your risk.
- Age. Although there is a rare type of early-onset Fuchs dystrophy that begins in childhood, the disease typically begins in the 1930s and 1940s, after which symptoms develop. Fuchs’ dystrophy Treatment in Hyderabad