- Normal breast versus fibrocystic breast
- Fibrocystic Breast Changes Open the pop-up dialog box
- Fibrocystic breasts are made up of tissue that has a lumpy or rope-like texture. Doctors call this breast tissue nodular or glandular. Fibrocystic breasts treatment in hyderabad
Having fibrocystic breasts is not at all uncommon. More than half of women will have fibrocystic breast changes at some point in their life. In fact, health professionals have stopped using the term “fibrocystic breast disease” and are now simply referring to “fibrocystic breasts” or “fibrocystic breast changes,” since fibrocystic breasts are not actually a disease. Breast changes classified as fibrocystic are considered normal.
Signs and symptoms of fibrocystic breasts can include:
- Breast lumps or areas of thickening that tend to blend into the surrounding breast tissue
- Generalized chest pain or tenderness
- Breast lumps that vary in size with the menstrual cycle
- Green or dark brown bloodless nipple discharge that tends to leak without pressure or compression
- Similar breast changes in both breasts
- Monthly increase in chest pain or lumps between mid-cycle (ovulation) and just before your period
- Breast, including lymph nodes, lobules, and ducts
- Breast Anatomy Open the pop-up dialog box
- The exact cause of fibrocystic breast changes is unknown, but experts suggest that reproductive hormones – particularly estrogen – play a role.
Fluctuations in hormone levels during your menstrual cycle can cause breast discomfort and areas of lumpy breast tissue that are tender, painful, and swollen. Fibrocystic breast changes tend to be more bothersome before your period, and the pain and bumps go away or decrease once your period starts. Fibrocystic breasts treatment in hyderabad
Fibrocystic breasts do not increase your risk of breast cancer.