- A fever is a temporary increase in your body temperature, often due to an illness. A fever is a sign that something is wrong with your body.
- A fever can be uncomfortable for an adult, but it is usually not a cause for concern unless it reaches 39.4 ° C or higher. In infants and young children, a slightly elevated temperature can indicate a serious infection.
- Fevers usually go away within a few days. There are a number of over-the-counter medications that can reduce a fever, but sometimes it is best not to receive treatment. Fever appears to play a key role in fighting a number of infections. Fever treatment in hyderabad
You have a fever if your temperature is above normal. What is normal for you may be a little higher or lower than the normal average temperature of 37 ° C.
Depending on the cause of your fever, other signs and symptoms of a fever may include:
- Chills and chills
- a headache
- Loss of appetite
Fever occurs when an area of your brain called the hypothalamus (hi-poe-THAL-uh-muhs) – also known as your body’s “thermostat” – shifts your normal body temperature set point upwards. When this happens, you may feel cold and add layers of clothing or wrap yourself in a blanket, or you may be shivering to generate more body heat, which eventually leads to a high body temperature.
Normal body temperature varies throughout the day – it is lower in the morning and higher in the late afternoon and evening. Although most people consider 37 ° C to be normal, your body temperature can vary by a degree or more – from 36.1 ° C to 37.2 ° C – and still be considered normal. Fever treatment in hyderabad
A fever or high body temperature can be caused by:
- A virus
- Bacterial infection
Children 6 months to 5 years old may have febrile fits (febrile convulsions), which usually lead to loss of consciousness and tremors in the limbs on either side of the body. Although alarming to parents, the vast majority of febrile seizures do not cause lasting effects.
In the event of a crisis:
- Lay your child on their side or stomach on the floor or the floor
- Remove sharp objects that are near your child
- Loosen loose clothing
- Hold your child tight to avoid injury
You may be able to prevent a fever by reducing exposure to infectious diseases. Here are some tips that can help you:
Wash your hands frequently and teach your children to do the same, especially before eating, after using the bathroom, after spending time in a crowd or around a sick person, after petting animals and for public transportation.
Show your children how to wash their hands thoroughly, cover the front and back of each hand with soap, and rinse them completely under running water.
Bring hand sanitizer if you don’t have access to soap and water.
Avoid touching your nose, mouth, or eyes as these are the main ways viruses and bacteria can enter your body and cause infection.
Cover your mouth when you cough and your nose when you sneeze and teach your children to do the same. If possible, turn away from others when you cough or sneeze to prevent germs from spreading to them. Fever treatment in hyderabad