- Encopresis (en-ko-PREE-sis), sometimes called fecal incontinence or pollution, is the repeated passage of stool (usually involuntarily) through clothing. This usually happens when the affected stool builds up in the colon and rectum: the colon becomes too full and watery stools flow around the retained stool, staining the undergarments. Finally, stool retention can cause the bowel to swell (stretch) and lose control of the stool.
- Encopresis usually occurs after the age of 4, when a child has already learned to use the bathroom. In most cases, dirt is a symptom of chronic constipation. Much less often, it occurs without constipation and can be the result of emotional problems.
- Encopresis can be frustrating for parents – and embarrassing for the child. However, with patience and positive reinforcement, encopresis treatment is usually successful. Encopresis Treatment in Hyderabad
Signs and symptoms of encopresis can include:
- Leaky stools or watery stools on your underwear, which can be mistaken for diarrhea
- Constipation with dry, hard stools
- Passage to large stools that clog or almost block the toilet
- Avoiding bowel movements
- Long periods of time between bowel movements
- Loss of appetite
- stomach pain
- Problems with bedwetting or daytime bedwetting
- Recurrent cystitis, usually in girls
There are several causes of encopresis, including constipation and emotional problems.
Most cases of encopresis are the result of chronic constipation. When constipated, a child’s stool is hard, dry, and can be painful. As a result, the child avoids going to the bathroom, which makes the problem worse.
The longer the stool stays in the colon, the harder it is for the child to push a chair. The colon expands and ultimately affects the nerves that signal when to go to the bathroom. When the colon becomes too full, loose or watery stools may leak around the stool being held back, or loss of stool control may result. Encopresis Treatment in Hyderabad
Encopresis is more common in boys. These risk factors can increase the likelihood of encopresis:
- Use drugs that can cause constipation, such as: B. Cough suppressants
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Anxiety or depression
Here are some strategies that can help prevent encopresis and its complications.
Help your child avoid constipation by eating a balanced, high-fiber diet and encouraging them to drink enough water. Encopresis Treatment in Hyderabad