- Dry eye is a common condition that occurs when your tears cannot lubricate your eyes adequately. Tears can be inadequate and unstable for many reasons. For example, dry eyes can occur when you do not produce enough tears, or when you produce poor quality tears. This tear instability leads to inflammation and damage to the surface of the eye.
- Dry eyes are uncomfortable. When you have dry eyes, your eyes may sting or burn. Dry eyes can occur in certain situations, such as: B. on an airplane, in an air-conditioned room, while riding a bicycle, or after staring at a computer screen for a few hours.
- Treatments for dry eyes can make you more comfortable. These treatments can include lifestyle changes and eye drops. You will likely need to follow these steps indefinitely to control dry eye symptoms. Dry eyes treatment in hyderabad
Signs and symptoms that usually affect both eyes can include:
- A stinging, burning, or itchy feeling in your eyes
- Thread-like mucus in or around the eyes
- Eye redness
- A feeling of having something in your eyes
- Difficulty wearing contact lenses
- Difficulty driving at night
Lacrimal glands and tear ducts
Cable glands and tear ducts Open the popup dialog
Dry eyes are caused by a variety of reasons that disrupt the healthy tear film. Your tear film consists of three layers: fatty oils, watery liquid and mucus. This combination usually keeps the surface of your eyes lubricated, smooth, and clear. Problems with any of these layers can lead to dry eyes.
There are many causes of tear film dysfunction, including hormonal changes, autoimmune diseases, inflamed eyelid glands, or allergic eye diseases. In some people, the cause of dry eye is decreased tear production or increased evaporation of tears. Dry eyes treatment in hyderabad
Factors that make you more likely to have dry eyes include:
Be over 50 years old. Tear production tends to decrease with age. Dry eyes are more common in people over 50.
Be a woman. A lack of tears is more common in women, especially if they are experiencing hormonal changes due to pregnancy, birth control pills, or menopause.
A diet low in vitamin A, high in liver, carrots, and broccoli, or low in omega-3 fatty acids in fish, nuts, and vegetable oils.
Do you wear contact lenses or have you ever had refractive surgery?
The following complications can occur in people with dry eyes:
Eye infections. Your tears protect the surface of your eyes from infection. Without enough tears, there may be an increased risk of eye infections.
Damage to the surface of your eyes. If left untreated, severe dry eye can lead to eye inflammation, corneal surface abrasion, corneal ulcers, and loss of vision.
Decreased quality of life. Dry eyes can make daily activities like reading difficult.
If you have dry eyes, be aware of the situations that are most likely to be causing your symptoms. Then find ways to avoid these situations in order to prevent your dry eye symptoms. For example:
Avoid blowing air into your eyes. Do not point hair dryers, car heaters, air conditioners, or fans at your eyes.
Add moisture to the air. In winter, a humidifier can add moisture to the dry indoor air.
Wear wraparound sunglasses or other eye protection. Safety grids can be attached to the top and sides of the goggles to keep out wind and dry air. Ask about the signs where you buy your glasses.
Take a break from long tasks. Whenever you are reading or doing any other task that requires visual focus, take regular eye pauses. Close your eyes for a few minutes. Or, blink repeatedly for a few seconds to spread your tears evenly over your eyes.
Be aware of your surroundings. The air at high altitudes, in desert areas, and on airplanes can be extremely dry. When spending time in such an environment, it can be helpful to close your eyes frequently for a while. Dry eyes treatment in hyderabad