Churg-Strauss syndrome is a disorder characterized by inflammation of the blood vessels. This inflammation can restrict blood flow to organs and tissues, sometimes causing permanent damage. This condition is also known as eosinophilic granulomatosis with polyangiitis (EGPA).
- Asthma is the most common sign of Churg-Strauss syndrome. The disorder can also cause other problems, such as hay fever, rash, gastrointestinal bleeding, and pain and numbness in the hands and feet.
- Churg-Strauss syndrome is rare and incurable. Your doctor can usually help manage symptoms with steroids and other powerful immunosuppressants.Churg-Strauss syndrome Treatment Hyderabad
Churg-Strauss syndrome varies greatly from person to person. Some people have only mild symptoms. Others have serious or life-threatening complications.
- The syndrome, also known as EGPA, usually has three stages and gradually worsens. Almost everyone with this condition has asthma, chronic sinusitis, and a high number of white blood cells called eosinophils. Asthma usually begins five to nine years before Churg-Strauss syndrome is diagnosed.
Other signs and symptoms could include:
- hay fever
- Loss of appetite and weight loss
- Joint and muscle pain
- to cough
- Abdominal pain and gastrointestinal bleeding
- Weakness, tiredness, or generally feeling unwell
- Rash or sores
- Pain, numbness, and tingling in the hands and feet
- Severe stomach ache
- shortness of breath
- Blood in your urine or stool
The cause of Churg-Strauss syndrome is largely unknown. A combination of genes and environmental factors, such as allergens or certain drugs, is likely to trigger an overactive immune system response. Instead of protecting itself from invading bacteria and viruses, the immune system targets healthy tissues and causes widespread inflammation.Churg-Strauss syndrome Treatment Hyderabad
Possible risk factors for Churg-Strauss syndrome are:
- Age. On average, people are diagnosed with Churg-Strauss syndrome between the ages of 30 and 50.
- A history of asthma or nasal problems. Most people diagnosed with Churg-Strauss syndrome have had severe nasal allergies, chronic sinusitis, or asthma in the past.Churg-Strauss syndrome Treatment Hyderabad