- Bile reflux in the stomach and esophagus
- Bile RefluxOpen Popup Dialog
- Bile reflux occurs when bile – a digestive fluid produced in your liver – flows back into your stomach and, in some cases, the tube that connects your mouth and stomach (esophagus) (reflux). Bile reflux Treatment in Hyderabad
Bile reflux can accompany the reflux of stomach acid (stomach acid) into the esophagus. Gastric reflux can lead to gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), a potentially serious problem that causes irritation and inflammation of the esophageal tissue.
Unlike gastric reflux, bile reflux cannot be fully controlled by changes in diet or lifestyle. Treatment includes medication or, in severe cases, surgery. Bile reflux Treatment in Hyderabad
It can be difficult to distinguish biliary reflux from gastric reflux. The signs and symptoms are similar, and both conditions can occur at the same time.
Signs and symptoms of biliary reflux include:
- Upper stomach pain which can be severe
- Frequent heartburn – a burning sensation in the chest that sometimes spreads to the throat, accompanied by a bitter taste in the mouth
- Vomiting of a greenish-yellow liquid (bile)
- Sometimes cough or hoarseness
- Involuntary weight loss
Bile is important in digesting fat and removing used red blood cells and some toxins from your body. Bile is produced in your liver and stored in your gallbladder.
Eating a meal that contains even a small amount of fat signals your gallbladder to release bile, which flows through a small tube in the upper part of your small intestine (duodenum). Bile reflux Treatment in Hyderabad