Alcohol use disorder (which includes a level sometimes referred to as alcoholism) is a pattern of alcohol use that involves problems controlling alcohol use, preoccupation with alcohol, continuing alcohol use, and drinking alcohol even though this causes problems and requires drinking more Alcohol to get the same effect or withdrawal symptoms when you reduce or stop drinking quickly
Unhealthy alcohol consumption includes any alcohol consumption that endangers your health or safety, or causes other alcohol-related problems. This includes binge drinking – a drinking pattern where a man has five or more drinks in two hours or a woman has at least four drinks in two hours. Excessive alcohol consumption poses significant health and safety risks.
If your drinking habits are repeatedly causing significant stress and dysfunction in your daily life, you likely have an alcohol use disorder. It can vary from easy to difficult. Even a mild disorder can worsen and cause serious problems. Early treatment is therefore important. Alcohol use disorder Treatment in Hyderabad
The alcohol use disorder can be mild, moderate, or severe depending on the number of symptoms. Signs and symptoms can include:
- Not being able to limit the amount of alcohol you drink
- You want to reduce your alcohol consumption or make unsuccessful attempts to do so
- Spend a lot of time drinking, drinking alcohol, or recovering from alcohol consumption
- Have a strong urge or urge to drink alcohol
- Failure to fulfill major obligations at work, school, or at home due to repeated alcohol use
- Keep drinking alcohol even if you know it is causing physical, social, or interpersonal problems
- Give up or reduce social and professional activities and hobbies
Genetic, psychological, social, and environmental factors can affect the effects of alcohol use on your body and behavior. Theories suggest that drinking has a different and stronger effect in some people, which can lead to alcohol use disorders.
Over time, drinking too much alcohol can alter the normal functioning of areas of your brain associated with the experience of pleasure, judgment, and the ability to exercise control over your behavior. This can create cravings for alcohol to restore good feelings or to reduce negative feelings. Alcohol use disorder Treatment in Hyderabad
Alcohol use can start in the teenage years, but alcohol use disorders are more common in the 20s and 30s, although they can start at any age.
Drink regularly over time. Drinking too much or drinking too much alcohol regularly over a long period of time can lead to alcohol problems or alcohol use disorders.
From a young age. People who start drinking early – especially those who consume heavily – are at greater risk of alcohol use disorders.
Family history. People who have a parent or other close relative who have alcohol problems are at higher risk of developing alcohol use disorder. It can be influenced by genetic factors.
Depression and other mental health problems. People with a mental disorder such as anxiety, depression, schizophrenia, or bipolar disorder often have problems with alcohol or other substances. Alcohol use disorder Treatment in Hyderabad
Early intervention can prevent alcohol-related problems in adolescents. If you’ve got a teen, look out for signs and symptoms that may indicate a drinking problem:
- Loss of interest in activities and hobbies as well as personal appearance
- Red eyes, blurred speech, problems with coordination, and loss of memory
- Difficulties or changes in relationships with friends, e.g. B. joining a new set
- Low grades and problems in school
- Frequent mood swings and defensive behavior